Hilcrest Solicitors GB Limited Wills & Probate services include:
- Preparing Joint & Single Wills and Codicils
- Dealing efficiently with Inheritance Tax Returns
- Obtaining Grant of Probate or of Letters of Administration
- Acting for (or as) executors and administrators
Death is not something that most people like to think about. However, it is also inevitable. As such, it pays to be prepared. If you are thinking about making a Will, you should talk to professional Wills and Probate solicitors. Making a Will helps to ensure your assets pass on to your intended beneficiaries and that your loved ones are protected in the future thus avoiding the difficulties of intestacy rules and the stress of your estate not being distributed in accordance with your wishes.
However, estate planning goes beyond drafting a will. Inevitably, one day you will have to leave your business, whether by selling up, retiring or leaving for health reasons. It is very important to have a succession plan in place that makes the transition easy not only for yourself but also for your family or employees and minimises the chances of the business having to be sold up. It will take into account not only provisions for your retirement income but also the plans, aptitudes and existing assets of younger generations.
Estate planning includes:
- The assessment of assets
- The assessment of likely taxation
- Advice regarding the possibility of claims against the estate by third parties
- The protection of assets
Estate planning is an active process of re-evaluating the estate when circumstances in life change, e.g.:
- When marrying or divorcing
- There’s a change to the family’s asset pool
- There’s a change in working conditions such as the buying or selling of a business
So, Contact us now to find out more or to arrange an appointment to discuss your Estate and to find out more about our Wills and Probate services.